Tuesday 26 January 2010

The Modern Minimalist






Early Matthew Ames, and SS10 images from refinery29


I don't think I've mentioned this before, and it may seem odd coming from someone who likes vintage so much, but I am a big fan of minimalism. One of the designers who best exemplifies this is the American designer Matthew Ames. I first discovered his work around this time last year and was instantly taken with his beautifully structured but fluid pieces. I really love his use of line and volume. The photography for the SS09 collection couldn't hurt either, with the silhouettes standing out so well against such a sparse backdrop. In terms of the high street, I think COS, the off-shot of H&M does the minimalist look very well too, and at prices I could maybe one day afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment