Wednesday 3 February 2010

Mellow Yellow










One of my new year's resolutions regarding personal style was to embrace colour. It's strange how sometime you have an impression of yourself that is totally wrong, I assume I wear quite a bit of colour, but in actual fact I rely largely on a palette of black, navy, grey and white. The colours I do wear tend to be muted and off colours. So... with this in mind I purchased the above dress and later on, the tights. The dress was on sale in french connection, I would never have had it for full price. I think part of the attraction was the front yoke and shoulders, which remind me of the beloved Ossie Clark dress. Also if the dress were vintage I know I would have loved it, so why not love it when it is new? The tights are from uniqlo. They are really good quality and actually the same colour on as in the packet, which makes a nice change. The shoes are vintage woven leather and the headscarf is from a jumble sale. I've always wanted to wear a head scarf like this but couldn't work out quite how to do it until I came across this very helpful post from vixen vintage. So from now on I will be on the look out for more pretty vintage scarves.

No comments:

Post a Comment