Dress - Handmade by me
Shoes - Office (sale)
So the last month kind of swept past. A few things have happened since my last post such as -
- A mini heat wave and wearing sundresses and sandals
-Visiting this National Trust house and not taking photos
- The diamond jubilee and attendant festivities such as wearing role family masks and going to Battersea park in the rain to watch the flotilla
- Watching moonrise kingdom (amazing as expected)
- Barbeques and birthday fun times
- Several new vintage and other wardrobe additions - like these tennis shoes for running around in this summer - if we ever actually get one.
- Designing Women, a totally brilliant exhibition. I went yesterday which was the final day, swept up an hour and half before it closed but it was so worth it. I love that whole design style/era and really enjoyed seeing these beautiful textiles up close. I was left totally inspired.
- Sewing the above dress. It took me about a month but I really wanted to try and finish it properly and not be fast and careless. I even hand stitched the hem. The fabric is vintage and a gift from my Grandmother and I intend to wear it next time I visit her. the pattern is actually an abstract strawberry print and not too far away from the style of some of the Designing Women artists.
That's about it. I am really hoping for some warmer weather as my abundant collection of sundresses needs to put into action. How is everyone else coping with the unseasonal weather?