Sunday 10 January 2010

Seasonless




I'm not sure how it took me so long to discover Rachel Comey, but SS10 was the first collection of hers I have ever seen. And I love it. Having since looked at earlier collections, I think one of the best things about her clothes is they look quite seasonless. This dress is for spring, but with some wooly tights and a duffel coat it would work for winter too. Although there is still a great deal of snow on the ground it isn't too hard to imagine carefree spring days spent wearing, oh just about every piece of the collection. This check dress is probably my favourite look. Although they've been around for a while, I still can't seem to get enough of checks. I did look around for some similar fabric but couldn't find anything suitable, then after a recent trip to my grandparents, my grandmother gave me the above fabric, which is close to perfect. I think the woven leather sandals and tiny leather satchel bag I have would go pretty nicely with it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment