Thursday 7 July 2011

I want to see people and I want to see life















 Man I wish life was like a festival all the time. Well maybe not ALL the time, because the toilet/shower facilities would get you down after a while... but still. Last weekend I went to the Hop farm festival, described be Morrisey (Saturday's headliner) as ' the most civilised festival in the country. ' I have to agree since they actually had showers (!) and also it's in Kent. It was a lot of fun. I went with a couple of friends and totally forgot I was going until Friday, so had to pack a bag in a rush and get down there. Also amusing was our attempt to put up our tent which was really not meant to hold the number of people it claimed to. There were three stages, one charmingly called Bread and roses, lots of tasty food stands and a vintage tent where I got a sweet little blouse. The music was great and a little alternative, my favourites were Cloud Control, Newton Faulkner, the Guillemots, the Noisettes, (the singer was fantastic) and of course Morriesy. Although I doubt everyone would agree with me, I did find Morrisey's singing 'meat is murde'r mid way through the set a bit of a downer. Although it was worth it to hear 'this charming man' and particularly 'there is a light that never goes out'. We also got to see a bit of Patti Smith and Lou Reed, although I managed to miss the Bluetones. I'm going to Lattitude in a couple of weeks for more festival fun. I'm also going to try and not be a coward and take some pictures of all the awesome outfits I see.

7 comments:

  1. You managed to take some really atmospheric photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I'm dying to go to a music festival. They all seem to be out West!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Hop Farm as well, it was so good! I loved Newton Faulkner, did you get to see Summer Camp or Human League?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog :D

    visit me: izaskunfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like it was awesome! I have not been to a music festival in years..

    All the best, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like such fun - though those rides look terrifying! Eek!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not live without a proper bath either. :)) This festival looks so cool (Morissey!) and three times better than the sort we get here in Manila (too much hipster screaming). I laughed a lot at the blackbird-in-pie comic. Poor thing!

    YES you should go see the Cult of Beauty before it ends this week! Unless the V&A extended the exhibit (they totally should) it closes on the 17th. Whistler's White set are the most provocative according to the critics but I liked Leighton murls and Aubrey Beardsley prints the best.

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete