Wednesday 20 April 2011

Another Circus






















Top - Jumble sale, 20p
Necklace - Charity shop
Skirt - Charity shop, £1
Cardigan - Primark
Shoes - Urban Outfitters

Listening to  ~ Regina Spektor  - on the radio ~


These photos are from my weekend trip to Bath (and beyond). The trip was actually a surprise courtesy of my lovely boyfriend. He is generally the one behind the camera although I never mention him. Anyway we had a great time, basically eating our way around town. On the friday night we went to same-same which had a great low-key laid back atmosphere. Then on Saturday we went to a little flea market  - the old cattle market - which was right by where we stayed. I picked up a pretty blouse which I will show later. Then breakfast - a brownie is obviously breakfast- at the very tasty Boston tea party. We then wandered around plenty, visiting the Circus, the Royal Crescent, Victoria Park, and the Fashion museum. They had a display of vintage wedding dresses dating back to the late 1800s in honour of the soon to be royal wedding. Despite various changes in fashion they were mostly fairly similar. Most interesting to me was the way styles repeated themselves. Some of the more romantic and ostentatious dresses of the late 1970s could have come from a century earlier. They also had a display of photos from the house of Worth (I think) of ladies in their dresses from the 1920s/30s, such as the image above. I have to say the simplicity of that era is my personal favourite, for wedding dresses at least. Appropriately someone had just got married there - (the museum is housed in the assembly rooms) and as we left there was confetti all over the floor. After that we had a late lunch at the Raven, famous for it's pies. Honestly they were so good, if you get a chance I highly recommend it. More wandering and then some strudel at Hansel und Gretel, which I mentioned in my previous Bath post. We left in the late afternoon for further adventures. Bath is such a great place to visit, that city always treats me well.

5 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your cardigan and how it matches with your skirt. Living my whole life in a tropical country makes me crave to visit interesting historic places like Bath and London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous outfit! I love Bath its such a pretty town x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there in a week; I am so excited! I will definitely stop by the Raven for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos - i haven't been to bath in a long time, definitely due a visit! anyway love your floral skirt and i'm now craving a brownie thank you :P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just there this weekend! It's just beautiful, isn't it.

    Your outfit is lovely - I like the 1940s feel that the t-bar shoes and the floral skirt combination brings.

    ReplyDelete