Monday 25 April 2011

The idle hours









Trench - H&M
Shirt - Jumble sale, 20p
Waistcoat - Jumble sale, 20p
Trousers - Gap sale
Shoes - Charity shopBag - jumble sale - 50p

I have just come back from a long weekend at a friends farm near Bristol. I had a really realxing time and did many country-like things including; canoeing, collecting duck eggs, sleeping in a caravan, and eating never ending Easter biscuits. I didn't take any photos for the blog however. So instead there are these photos from from the second part of last week's surprise trip away. They were taken at the very lovely B and B we stayed in near a little place called Rode. The building was built in the 1800s and when we arrived we were allowed to chose our room, plus for breakfast the following day we were given some champagne with breakfast. All things conducive to a happy stay there. This outfit is very simple but super comfy. I really like wearing trousers and not jeans for a change and these Gap cotton trousers are great. I did feel a little bit 1980s with the shirt/floral waistcoat combo but never mind. These shoes are the ones I took on my trip to America last year and I am rather sentimentally attached to them; I feel like they tread a fine line between quirky and ugly but still I love them regardless. Once we left the B&B we drove on to Longleat. I'm not sure I have ever been there, except maybe when I was very young. I really enjoyed it, although having a monkey sit on the bonnet of the car was slightly surreal. I hope everyone has been able to make the most of the long weekend and the glorious weather this week.

5 comments:

  1. that's a B&B? dang that's nice! also i really love your outfit. super cute and casual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place! Your outfit is so cute too.
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the focus of the first photo and the B&B looks amazing! love your trench too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca!

    Song I used in video was best coast - when im with you.

    Augh you got to go hang out at a farm? That would be another place I'd love to go to besides the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks beautiful!

    love the trench.

    m.fay
    amateur couture

    ReplyDelete