Monday 24 October 2011

Folded stone

 


 Samantha Pleet SS12 preview, all images from Elle

I recently found the above images and spent some time looking through them, and really I love them all. All those bleached out stone and earth colours and intricate pleating and folding reminds me of sculpture. I am really drawn to these muted soft colours, as I noticed the other day when clearing out my wardrobe. I also like subtle cut outs and twists that are like origami. It reaffirms my belief that I need to take some pattern cutting classes and try to understand these books, that are so inspiring.

2 comments:

  1. beauuuutiful. I love Samantha Pleet. You're right, that color palette is so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also glad you posted this preview because I'm now obsessed with it and just put like all these photos on my tumblr hahaha

    ReplyDelete