Sunday 27 February 2011

Thrifting trip








 







These are the results of a thrifting trip I took last weekend to Deptford market. It was pouring with rain when I arrived, and to start with it seemed like the stalls were only selling food or cheap household wares. However my friends and I eventually stumbled across the flea market type section of the market. There were stalls selling various bits of furniture and such assorted junk. We all felt very sorry for an old dolls house that was getting soaked in the rain. There was one great stall with two big bins of clothes, some rails and then just a big heap of clothes on the floor. We all got stuck in and I found all of the above which came to £15 for the lot. I wouldn't normally buy second hand high street things, but the gap dress just feels like it will go with anything. I wanted that duffel coat when it was in the store but for £65 I decided I didn't need another coat, for £4 I can't really resist. I am especially pleased with the leaf print jacket, as a girl was trying it on when we arrived and then discarded it, not sure why as it's in great condition. Along with my haul, my friends bought a fish tank, a metal trunk, a Barbour jacket, a 1960s maxi dress and a 1980s silk shirt. Not bad for a rainy market. Think I'll be going there again.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely finds! I love the maxi dress and leaf print jacket.
    Sounds like you had a very successful day out, even if it was raining :)

    Amy
    www.amyssecretcloset.blogspot.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that pony dress is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you found a topshop dufflecoat thrifting. Meant to be!

    Bea from A plus B

    ReplyDelete