Thursday 17 February 2011

Just for you circa 1965











Dress- Warehouse
Cardigan - Vintage, the shop
Socks - Top shop
Brooch - vintage, charity shop
Belt - vintage, charity shop

A belated Valentine's post. My mum gave me this vintage Valentines card last year. It was given to my maternal grandmother by my grandfather. I like the unusual shape and lack of tackiness. Generally I would go for red and black for Valentine's, but this year i decided to take inspiration from the card and go for a more softer palette, which i actually really like. This dress you've seen before and cardigan is borrowed from the shop. The belt and brooch are both from the same Devon charity shop on the same day, which I've only just realised. I decided to make some pink macaroons for the day too, and they weren't bad. Although they are a serious sugar hit. Next time I want to try a chocolate and pistachio recipe.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit, and I love the card too!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Ginger)snappy! I love the mix of lace textures. Dang me if I don't need a white dress.

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE this look. it's so romantic. you look like a fragile vintage photograph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is so romantic and chic. I especially love your thigh highs with this elegant lace dress. The sixth photo looks like it came straight out of an editorial magazine.

    Gabrielle
    www.thegiftofgab-gabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete