Friday 28 May 2010

Pretty bits


Whenever I see my Grandmother she always gives me little gifts and almost always they are related to sewing. I know I may be alone in getting excited over vintage buttons, old seam bindings and the like, but when they are packaged in a vintage Max Factor powder pot, how can I resist? It's a shame modern cosmetics aren't packaged this way anymore. Of these little treasures, I especially love the apple buttons and the little lace motifs - apparently they are meant for handkerchiefs. To add to these pretty things - some pretty flowers. Also a note to say I am going away for the bank holiday weekend so probably won't be posting again until the middle of next week. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. i wouldnt be able to resist either if they were in a Max Factor powder pot! :p and i do also think that vintage buttons are wonderful! i wish i knew how to sew :(

    love,
    vintage-birdy.blogspot.com
    {no, it's not about birds}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage buttons, so adorable!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the appliques. I wish I could sew more than backstitches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE old sewing things, especially buttons and lace, you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I love those apple buttons, where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous, i love those little lace bits and "l" patches.

    ReplyDelete