Friday 7 May 2010

The Bluebird

* If any of these images belong to someone and you'd like them taken down, please let me know, I can't remember where they came from.

I may have said this before, but I am generally always thinking about my next sewing project and that is almost always a dress. I recently re-watched 500 days of summer and was really inspired by all the pretty blue dresses Summer wears throughout the film. I also loved the wallpaper in her apartment, which is certainly an obscure inspiration but there you go. Then a couple of days ago I found the pattern (shown above) and then the lovely vintage looking fabric and decided to go ahead with it. I put together a little mood board as well. Unfortunately I started it yesterday and I am not happy with it so far, mainly because I decided to make the top part cream and add piping, and while it looks OK, it's not quite what I had in mind. I think this is a lesson in considering a project a little before jumping in. Does this ever happen to anyone else? Hopefully I can still save the dress since I still like the idea of it. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Rebecca, you've been busy, 3 posts since I dropped by last! Your Brighton photographs are beautiful, the seaside looks so idyllic...and warm! Hard to believe we live in the same country....its FREEZING up here in Scotland!!! We had a flaming ground frost the other night, my poor hyacinths and tulips are taking a right battering! :(

    Can't wait to explore the south of England this summer, hope I get some snaps as amazing as yours. Good luck with that dress....if at first you don't succeed and all that.....x

    ReplyDelete