Wednesday 16 December 2009

Not quite Coco







Coco Chanel, the real deal and as played by Audrey Tatou

I know this is a bit late considering the film came out a little while ago, but I promise there is a point to this post about the iconic Coco Chanel. I think I was being secretly inspired by the film when I bought this striped tee shirt from H&M and these black trousers in Gap. The trousers are a bit of a problem though, I liked the idea of them being ankle skimming but however I try and wear them, they tend to end up looking like I just bought trousers that were too short for me. I think it would be easier if they weren't loose. Yet worn in the simplest, Coco influenced way, I think they kind of work.
Part of the reason I have been considering Chanel relates to a really awesome jumble sale find, for 40p, I give you... a real pair of Chanel ballet flats. To my great sadness they are a size 7, so miles too large for me, but I just couldn't leave them behind. I think they will end up being a Christmas present for one of my friends with more appropriately sized feet. To make it more annoying, I have been on the lookout for a nice pair of black flats for ages. I can never seem to find any that meet all my requirements, flat, but with a little heel, stylish and comfortable. The pair that comes closest is probably this pair from Topshop (second picture). Can you see where the inspiration came from?

No comments:

Post a Comment