Wednesday 1 February 2012

Shoreline








Top - H&M
Cardigan - Gap
Necklace - Gift
Trousers - Uni qlo
Boots - Clarks
Waistcoat - Vintage, charity shop

Listening to - First Aid Kit - Emmy Lou

In the second week of January we took a short holiday to Devon/Cornwall and the scenery of which I never tire. The Jurassic coast is just so beautiful. These photos also prove that the British sea side does have its moments, and the sun does actually come out occasionally to dazzling effect. I even saw one  brave girl swimming in Cornwall. I know it's a mild winter but still I was impressed. As I have said these desert boots haven't left my feet much for the last month or so, (as you can see, my boyfriend is also a fan.) They are just so comfortable, and as I get older, comfort starts to mean more than it once did. No more ballet flats in in minus temperatures anyway. This outfit isn't much, but I do like the velvet waistcoat, found for £1.50 in a charity shop. I also wore it over this dress, and felt like I should be a 1970s country singer, which is no bad thing. I am on the hunt for some straight leg jeans that sit higher on the waist than most jeans. I have only seen some in M&S that weren't quite right and also American Apparel which are a bit much so if anyone have any recommendations, I'd be glad to hear them.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know about stores anywhere other than northern Idaho, really. But I got some great pants in the ladies section at Sears. I'm wearing them right now, actually. I don't know if you have Sears. Probably, I'd imagine. Anyway, they sit a little higher because they're for grown-up women and all, but they're still young looking and not at all like old lady jeans:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are really nice! I haven't been by the sea since the summer back in Portugal and I really miss it! I agree with you, as I get older comfort and warmth are the priority most of the times, so I practically live in ankle boots! I have been wanting to get a pair of desert boots too, and you're making me want it even more. And oh how I do wish my boyfriend would love them as yours seem to do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are amazing, and I love that waistcoat, what a great find!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  4. The close up of the rock and the sun shinning off the sea is just gorgeous! It's a really nice shot.

    Hi, I'm Catie BTW. Just found your blog. I'm from Seattle, but my dad travels to England a lot, so I feel like it's a second home. Never been to Cornwall; just Bournemouth in the summer. So horribly packed, haha. Cornwall looks much nicer :) People here complain about the beaches because they're rocky and mostly empty, but I'm like "No, you've nothing to complain about because you've never been to an English beach in the summer."

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the beach in winter!!!! i wish my boyfriend didn't work weekends... i need a coastal getaway!

    ReplyDelete